The control valve is designed specifically for use in ‘cold box’ applications. It is a single-seated, body-guided globe style with threaded seat ring.
The extended neck allows the body to bonnet flange to be outside the cold box, simplifying maintenance and providing a low ‘cool down weight.’ This design is generally used in throttling and/or isolation control of cryogenic liquids and gases to -450°F (-268°C).
• It offers low cool down weight because there are no flanged joints in the cold box area and the small body mass keeps heat absorption at a minimum.
• Low conduction through the neck extension and the valve stem makes the valve ideally suited for super-cooled environments.
• Extended body neck design allows removal of the seat ring and plug without disturbing the cold box purge, vacuum or insulation.
• No gasketed joints are inside the cold box or line insulation, eliminating potential leak paths. Standard seat ring wrenches are available for removing trim.
• Standard plug design provides metal seat and Class IV shut-off.
• Optional lapping and proper actuator selection allow for Class V shut-off capability.
• A soft seat plug design is available for Class VI leakage.
• Preferred mounting is 20 to 90 degrees from horizontal.
• The optional Ice-Breaker packing box is available to prevent ice formation on the valve stem and coupling.
• Mounting plate for cold box installation is offered as an accessory.